So we were going to write a quick run down of our plans for our 2 months in South East Asia BUT pictures are so much easier and quicker so here is where we are going: (starting in Singapore)
You can view a Full Size interactive version of the travel map by clicking here (done at Travellerspoint). A little bit of backtracking (which we have to do because that’s where we will be travelling out of) but we think it’s a pretty good plan. We have a few internal flights booked but after flying Kuala Lumpur to Hanoi, we don’t have anything booked until we fly out of Siem Reap (despite the map making it look like we are flying out of Hanoi). So we have a long overland trip to make up as we go the length of Vietnam and then across Cambodia. Hopefully the overnight trains are comfy!
Some (of the many) highlights we’re looking forward to are:
- Universal Studios, the Night Safari and Raffles hotel in Singapore
- Trekking in Sapa, Vietnam
- Cruising in Halong Bay
- Canyoning in Dalat
- Seeing the sunset (and rise) over Angkor Wat
- Lazing on beaches in Langkawi, Nha Trang, Phuket and Phi Phi island
- And of course – eating awesome cheap street food everywhere we go
If you’ve heard or done any other cool things in these places, share them with us!
Only 70 days to go!